Description: Singers and actors know that no matter what… the show must go on! But people from all walks of life must also ‘go on’, even if they get sick or become hoarse.
…So what’s your show? Do you use your voice to teach, to preach, to call, to inspire, to motivate or to help others? How can you keep your voice in shape to make sure that your ‘show goes on’? Learn how with the Duke Voice Care team and Lauren Kennedy at our World Voice Day celebration!
• Performance by Lauren Kennedy
• Info on how to keep your voice healthy, with special tips for singers, actors, teachers and clergy
• Vocal Health Fair exhibits featuring prizes for participants, Duke Health practices, WVD sponsors and demonstrations of laryngeal imaging
• Presentation of the Patrick D. Kenan Award for Vocal Health & Wellness
Raleigh native Lauren Kennedy has appeared on Broadway, in productions at New York City Opera, the Kennedy Center and the Royal National Theatre in London, to name just a few. Her albums Here And Now and Songs Of Jason Robert Brown have received rave reviews. Kennedy is the Artistic Director of Theatre Raleigh and has a long association with NC Theatre.
Advance tickets: $12 for adults; $8 for students and seniors
At the door: $15 for adults; $10 for students and seniors
GROUP RATE (5 or more): $9 per person
Space is limited. Valid ticket is required for admission.
• Online at www.etix.com; Call 1-800-514-3849, M-Sat 9am–8pm or Sun 12–8pm; In person at The Cary Theater, T-F 11am–6pm and Sat 10am–1pm; In person at the Cary Arts Center, Mon 4–8pm
For more info, call: 919-681-4984
Time: 07:00 - 09:30
City/place: Cary, NC Venue address: Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Avenue, Cary, NC 27511
Performer/s: Lauren Kennedy
Contact: Tara Nixon
The information is provided by the organiser who is responsible for it.